PRIOR TO LENS INSERTIONS
Cleanliness is the most important aspect of proper contact lens care. It would be helpful to establish a routine of good hygiene in order to maintain consistent, proper care for your lenses.
The following are just a few ways to guide you in handling your lenses.
- After opening your lens vials, rinse them with new cleaning solution and allow them to rest overnight in the new solution.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with a mild soap.
- Thoroughly, rinse and dry.
- Do not use cosmetics that contain oil such as lotions, certain makeup products, and soaps containing cold cream.
- When using hairspray or other aerosols, always keep your eyes closed.
- Always check to see your lens is free of any tears or other compromises of quality and integrity.
HOW DO I INSERT MY LENSES?
- First, be sure to thoroughly wash your hands and dry them with a lint free towel. Take out one lens from its case and put it in the palm of your hand. Rub 4-6 drops of multipurpose solution onto the lens. Make sure the solution is for the cleaning and maintenance of soft lenses.
- Place the lens on the index finger of your dominant hand, and make sure that the lens is not flipped inside-out. You will be able to determine whether it is correct by observing if the lens is curved in a perfect bowlshape.
- While balancing the lens on your index finger, pull down your lower eyelid with your middle finger and pull up your upper eyelid with your other hand. This will allow you to open your eyes wide and insert your lens without blinking.
- Add a few more drops of lens solution into the “bowl” of your lens.
- Slowly insert the lens into the center of your eye. Blink to secure the lens in place.
HOW DO I TAKE OUT MY LENSES?
- Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands and dry them with a lint-free towel.
- Pull your lower eyelid down with the middle finger of your dominant hand while you pull up your upper eyelid with the middle finger of your non-dominant hand.
- Slowly pinch the center of the lens in your eye with your thumb and index finger to carefully remove the lens. Be aware that there may be a little resistance due to air suction between your eye and the lens.
- Insert the lens into its proper place in the lens case; make sure to fill each side of the lens case with enough eye solution to soak the lens completely.
HOW DO I PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF MY LENSES?
- It is strongly advised to consult with your eye doctor and receive a correct prescription before you purchase any contact lenses, regular or colored. Do not attempt to order a prescription power that is not verified by a professional. Ordering the wrong prescription may cause permanent damage to your eyes.
- Always use multipurpose solution to clean the color lenses and change your solution in the lens case after every use to avoid bacteria and excess protein. Do not use tap water or other liquids to clean your lenses, as it may cause eye infection and/or damage your lenses.
- If your eyes feel dry, use solution or eye drops to lubricate the eyes and the lenses.
- Store the lenses in room temperature.
- It is not advised to wear your lenses for more than 8 hours at a time.
- Do not sleep with your color lens in your eyes, as it may cause infection, corneal ulcers, or other irritations.
- It is not advised to wear your lenses while swimming or showering.
- To avoid infection, do not share your lenses with other people.
- Should you experience any discomfort or pain, remove the contact lens immediately. Contact your eye doctor and consult our customer service staff for additional assistance.
What’s the difference between GEMINI Contacts™ and all the other contacts out there?
All humans are created equal – not so with contact lenses. We source only the highest quality contact lenses in order to provide the best product, service, and experience on the market. Our customers tell us that our contacts are more comfortable than the overpriced $100/pair brands out there (Click HERE for our latest, most natural-looking lenses). When it comes to quality, design, and value – we have no equal.
Note: All prices are in USD.
When do my lenses expire?
You will find the expiration date printed on each of the vials. The expiration date refers to the solution in the bottle. Our lenses last up to a year after opening, but the lifespan of the lenses is highly dependent on the amount of usage as well as proper maintenance of the lenses. For most users, we do not recommend using the lenses for more than 3 months.
What’s the best color/design for me?
It all depends. Everyone has differing eye, hair, and skin tones so finding the best one for you will take a little bit of testing. You can follow our social media links at the bottom of the page for inspiration. We’re just getting started so feel free to add your own and tag us – you may be featured on our feed 🙂
Can I wear my contacts to sleep?
We wouldn’t. It is highly inadvisable to sleep with any form of contact lens as they restrict oxygen flow to your eyes. And this one should be obvious – don’t share or swim with them either.
Where are the lenses made?
All GEMINI Contacts™ are made with the highest quality manufacturers in South Korea and carry CE and ISO certifications.
What materials are GEMINI Contacts™ made of?
All lenses are made of polymacon/polyhema and water. There is 40% water content for all lenses listed on the site unless otherwise noted.
These lenses make my eyes look bigger. Is this normal?
Some of your GEMINI Contacts™ have a colored rim around the edge of the lens which makes the iris of your eye appear larger. In regular soft contact lenses, the outer rim is clear, while in these color contacts, the outer rim is colored. You will find the diameter size (14.0mm, 14.2mm, 14.5mm, 14.8mm) listed for each colored lens. The bigger the diameter size, the bigger the lens, which mean that lenses with bigger diameter sizes may be slightly more difficult to insert and remove from the eyes. 14.0mm and 14.2mm lenses are considered the “normal’ sizes. Please consult with an eyecare professional to find out the diameter/base curve of your eyes to ensure a proper and comfortable fit.